So, as you may know, I’m engaged, so I’ve been really into planning this wedding and all. One of the most important things to pick are the flowers, right? Well, I was on Pinterest the other day and found this cute little paper flower. Turns out that it was super simple to make and, of course, it’s a ranunculus, the flower of my choice for my wedding!
Unfortunately, the tutorial is a bit confusing, so I’ll post my own on here.
What you’ll need:
- The template that you can find on that website (just save the JPEG and resize it to 2.8”, 3.0”, 3.2”, 3.9”, 4.5”, 4.7”, 5.1”, 2 times each)
- 4 or 5 sheets of 8.5”x11” cardstock
- Hot glue gun
Step 1: Cut out all the flowers, a total of 14. Prep them by rolling the petals in your fingers from side to side then crinkle the top a little bit to create a ripple effect.
Step 2: Take the smallest petal and begin forming the inside center of the flower. Curl all the petals up towards the center, overlapping each petal in an over-under pattern. This means that one side of each petal will be over the petal next to it and the other side will be under the petal next to it. Hold the flower in place and carefully use a dab of hot glue under the overlapping side of each petal and press down so that the petals stay together in their shape.
Step 3: Place a dab of hot glue on the underside of the bud you just formed, and place on the next petal. This petal should be the same size as the first petal. Make sure to line up the petals so that the crease that was formed between 2 petals of the first cutout falls in the middle of a petal on the second cutout. In essence, you’re attempting to stagger each layer so that the petals don’t align with each other.
Step 4: You will continue this until the 6th petal has been placed on and glued.
Step 5: The remaining petals undergo the same process, the only difference being where you place the hot glue. In the first six petals you were placing it under the overlapping petals so that the petals would stick down onto the petal next to them. After the 6th petal you’ll be placing the glue at the base of the underside of the petal and pressing it up towards the center. Doing this will give the appearance of the flower in bloom and not in a bud form. Continue in the same “over-under” overlapping pattern for each petal.
Step 6: Once you have placed all the petals, begin to roll the edges of the outside petals to make it look like it’s in bloom. I left the bottom of my flower flat to be used as a table topper or decoration, or to glue on the top of a mason jar, or whatever else I could think of.
- inspiraatioitani reblogged this from thecoralknot
- nothingisforeverx likes this
- if-i-fell-in-love-with-john reblogged this from thecoralknot
- excitedpigeon reblogged this from thecoralknot
- rosalieshop likes this
- think-love-have-fun reblogged this from thecoralknot
- never-gonna-dance reblogged this from thecoralknot
- adorablemeandyou likes this
- aconfusedidentity likes this
- kyonshineko likes this
- somethingsums likes this
- thefvk likes this
- thehipponamedturtle likes this
- europeismylife likes this
- neverfullysatisfied likes this
- camawa reblogged this from thecoralknot
- infinitenothing likes this
- must-have-been-a-dream likes this
- mooninmypalm reblogged this from dorightwoman
- mooninmypalm likes this
- mayarutchka likes this
- igotsissues reblogged this from thecoralknot
- ashleighl95 likes this
- myriadlives likes this
- flowers4ever521 reblogged this from thecoralknot
- hiitsmellissa likes this
- youcouldsayiamadreamer likes this
- rowedowntheriver reblogged this from thecoralknot
- enteringthedeepend likes this
- somethings-never-change1 reblogged this from thecoralknot
- indiraor reblogged this from thecoralknot
- lessons-in-love11 likes this
- aoife-schutte likes this
- malensitaa reblogged this from thecoralknot
- bananaeggrollzz likes this
- ytothem likes this
- pacificusmortem likes this
- beoriginal-xx likes this
- thereasonbehind likes this
- thoughtwhoababy reblogged this from thecoralknot
- adarlingsdiytodo reblogged this from thecoralknot
- rabbysabby likes this
- prettyladylesbianlumberjack likes this
- juliebuena likes this
- dottie89 likes this
- llsxvii likes this
- thedamnits reblogged this from thecoralknot